Sunday 18 January 2009

Paperwhites

I really don't mind if my indoor bulbs don't flower until after Christmas. In fact I'd rather have a good display in January and February when cheer is in short supply than over the holidays when there is plenty of sparkle and glitter around. Worst of all, I really hate it when the bulbs flower before Christmas and I have to try to delay them. I should make a bigger effort to get the timing right, maybe I will, but for now I'm pleased to see that the paperwhites are opening up, especially today which started off bright and sunny but soon turned grey and we've had some snow. The stove is burning brightly, the needles are clacking and the temperature is around zero, nothing to do but be cozy.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't plant indoor bolbs. I regret it very much.
    Yours are very nice.

    Alfazema

    ReplyDelete