Thursday 14 May 2009

Outside the house

I didn't realise I had take quite so many photographs outside as well inside, so today I'll show you the immediate environs of our weekend home and you can see where else we went another day.The house is surrounded on three sides by decking, this side and of course the front look out to sea, the other side onto the rocks beside which the house was built. This is the little bay below the house, easily accessible by scrambling over the rocks. The islands on the horizon are Rhum the peaky one with the cloud above it, Eigg the flatter island in front of Rhum and Muck to the left. They are more obvious on this picture, if you look carefully you can see Mr FF on the highest rock doing his mermaid impersonation. Neither of us realised till we'd been there a couple of days that the loch is tidal and completely cuts off this rock, I'm sure he would have swum back for his dinner. On a clear day such as this you can see the Cuillins on the Isle of Skye, the jagged ridge to the left. All these photographs were taken from the terrace so you get an idea of the wonderful panorama.
Finally beside the front door and looking away from the water there is a handy bench that catches the morning sun and guess what I used it for.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place! We don't always appreciate how lovely our own isles are. I would never want to return home!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are wonderful, the view from that lovely house is stunning. And you had the weather too. You definitely must return as soon as possible!! Glad you enjoyed your weekend despite the sore shoulder. which I hope is on the mend now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous and just what I needed on this grey,wet day. What did you think of "Mudbound", by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am deeply envious, do they rent it out?

    Wow, so gorgeous, I'd love to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...I could look at that sea view for hours...Quite ok you didn't get to hiking and such...that view is enough! :o) Is your book good? Hope you are doing better, Jenny. Happy weekend! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete