Tuesday 8 December 2009

My sparkling weekend

I had such a busy sociable weekend with a recurring theme over the three days, I count Friday evening as part of the weekend, sparkling wine. I don't drink a lot, one glass of wine is enough for me otherwise I get a headache but I'd be quite prepared to drink a glass of fizzy every day.
Friday evening I was at Trish's house watching The Private Lives of Pippa Lee on dvd with other girl friends from the village. We enjoyed some chat, some snacks, a glass of bubbly and an excellent film, a perfect start to the weekend.
Saturday evening Pam and Andrew came round for dinner and bubbly, after which we all snuggled up on the big red sofa and watched Strictly Come Dancing recorded whilst we ate. Did I tell you Mr FF has invested in a large plasma telly that fills the big room off the kitchen and finally gives it some purpose. The tv has all sorts of add ons that I don't understand, free sat and the like but it was brilliant to see the dancing in high definition despite the boys constantly interrupting our concentration on frocks and footwork with totally unnecessary questions. On Sunday we were at the opening of a new gallery not far away, the appropriately named Dancing Light Gallery that is housed in an eco friendly building attached to our local organic farm shop. Another glass of bubbles, white prosecco for me and red prosecco for Mr FF, both organic of course. I admired the art works, especially some beautiful fabric handbags and cushions whilst Mr FF admired the ground source heat pump and had guided tour of the building's heating system.
Three days of fizz and fun, dressing up and going out, a perfect weekend completely free of hangovers.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty perfect to me - although that sofa looks so comfy it would have sent me to sleep after a meal and wine!! Also, is that a balcony behind the large telly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like such a nice cosy but fun weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun, Jenny! I'm a champagne girl myself... so love a little bubble and fizz! That red sofa is beautiful! TVs thought I know nothing about...LOL! My hubby is wanting a larger telly. We don't watch a lot of TV though, so I think it's just a male ego thing...LOL! I don't see the point of big screens and lots of bells and whistles when we watch maybe 1-2 hours TV per week... But give me more than one glass bubbly and I'll say yes... hahaha! Happy Week, Jenny ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a great way to spend the weekend. and no hangover? wow. The older I get, the less I can drink without punishment the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great weekend Jenny. I love a glass or two or three of red wine myself, but I would never say no to a glass of sparkly!Love the new telly! Boys definitely don't understand 'Strictly...'. Mr Snoopydog scuttles off to the gym whilst it's on, which is good for his ever expanding waistline. Enjoy the rest of the week. Ros

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great weekend, glad you had such a sparkling time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect opportunity. I want what you had!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a lovely weekend, Jenny. I've missed the film of Private Lives of Pippa Lee at the cinema, must get it out on DVD, thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete