Tuesday 2 February 2010

Back to white

I can't believe it, the world turns back to white and my mood turns back to black.
We woke this morning to more snow, a good heavy covering and still coming down. To make matters worse we ran out of oil for the central heating on Sunday, we have been very economical and a tank full had lasted a good 15 months but over the recent extra cold spell we had put the heating on regularly.
So shivery shivery, I cancelled my dentist appointment first thing as I really didn't want to battle up our slippery road and down the back lane, I've re-arranged for a couple of weeks time so no worries.
Actually the snow isn't that bad, I easily cleared our drive, paths and feeling generous a stretch of the road helped by some melting before the temperature dropped back below freezing this afternoon. The oil delivery man got through late morning, we can have heat as needed not just in the room with the stove.
I just got used to seeing greenery again and even though I don't need to go out I feel trapped when I know I can't. More snow is forecast tomorrow, the winter weather has gone on too long so I'm concentrating on spring bulbs and smiling at this post that really made me laugh out loud when I spotted it this morning, a perfect reminder of things to come, thanks Rowena, excellent timing, made my day.

17 comments:

  1. Love to see the Spring bulbs bursting through! We had quite a lot of snow last Friday and ended up home from school by lunchtime, as there was a burst water pipe! It lingered over much of the weekend, but the rain today has finally washed it all away. Ros

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also awoke to snow today but it was a rather soggy attempt and has now mostly melted. Hope it doesn't go on too long for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the oil man made it through, and you weren't left without heating for long. Roll on warmth and sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring is on its way, honest!
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snow looks lovely....and thank goodness you can keep warm.
    Thanks for the shoe love - comfort is King in my world too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean, my heart sank this morning when I saw more snow, but it has just about gone here in Glasgow, so I hope you will have no more and cross fingers for a thaw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how cheering your spring bulbs are. Keep warmQ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I finally got around to uploading your photo the blog, but now I need to put the word out in order for more people to send me their slipper/flip flop photos. A work in progress, but it will happen.

    About the snow...I just cross my fingers that it doesn't snow on the weekends when we want to get out. Actually we've been very lucky this year....not much snow like everywhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it strange how we all feel differently about the reappearance of snow, mostly negative comments I have heard it has to be said. I don't understand why people feel trapped and see this as bad because they can't get out, can't go and do things they wanted or needed to do. Simply rearrange your life to accommodate it, no point worrying or getting upset about something we have no control over is there? Or am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Jenny... I can so relate. It's been snowing here on and off since the weekend...plans to go out at the weekend were postponed... again... *sigh*... This is surely more than enough winter and snow already?! LOL! LOVE your spring bulbs... the happy sight of them gives me hope that spring will return. Keep warm... and keep laughing :o) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have to say I was happy to see another layer of snow, largely because without it everything here was just, well, brown. And I'm definitely one of those people who feel most comfortable in thick black tights and boots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, we had lots of snow again, but happily, it has mostly gone. But its still so coooold! Roll on Spring, sunshine and warm days!

    Love your bulbs, I had some given me for Christmas, but they have finished now. Just waiting for the garden ones now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no, poor you! Hope it has all gone now. I am desperate to see some colour in the garden.... desperate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am not sure how you can manage for 15 months on one tank of oil. You must have a larger tank than ours. After only three months we are nearly back to the re-ordering point, but that still leaves us with about one month's supply in the tank. And I thought that we were economical with our heating.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh poor you, Jenny. Pretty as the snow is, I think we've all had enough of it this winter. Hope it melts soon x

    ReplyDelete
  16. the bulbs are ready to burst with colour, arent they? soon your life will be filled with colour.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Jenny, I do hope that u dont get the snow quite as heavy as it was at xmas and even though ur pictures are pretty I'm so sure you have had enough, well I'd say even I would be over it by now.
    Thankyou so much for All your lovely comments that you leave me, I do so appreciate every single one of them
    Here's hoping the sun starts to outshine that Snow.....
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete