Monday 21 February 2011

Other people's knitting

After a couple of good days in the garden last week generally tidying and willing the snowdrops to start flowering, I woke up to this on Saturday morning.
What is a girl to do but knit. Pam started this little cardigan in Patons 4 ply cotton. The colour is grape and the pattern is Mimi from Pipsqueaks by Kim Hargraves. Halfway up the back Pam decided she didn't like knitting 4 ply, I think its probably my favourite so I was happy to take over. The safety pins up the front are to mark the positions for the buttons which I don't have, there is no separate front or neck band. So back to sock knitting for a while, though I do enjoy making things for the little ones so I might start something woolly for Amelia soon, especially if the weather stays like this. While I'm waiting for my own bulbs to begin their display I treated myself to a bunch of British grown daffs, I just couldn't wait any longer.

11 comments:

  1. You cannot beat a bunch of golden daffodils, they cheer me just looking at them

    ReplyDelete
  2. daffs always make me smile-in a vase or garden!
    Have a good week
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. daffs always make me smile-in a vase or garden!
    Have a good week
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. No snow here but weather not good enough to garden either. Roll on Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bought myself a bunch of the same. I've planted lots of bulbs in pots but there's no sign of anything stirring yet. Lovely cardi. That colour is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not more snow! Glad to see you've got a bit of daffodil sunshine! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daffodils... what a great sight for winter-sore eyes! No sight of spring blooms in the garden yet here--only in the shops...LOL! LOVE the purple cardi--too sweet... the picot edges are delightful! Happy Days, Jenny :o) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another vote for the daffodils here. I came back from my weekend away to find that Mr JK had bought two pots of mini daffs to brighten up the kitchen! Bless him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hhm, I'd take your sprinkling over our fresh 10" any day of the week! Off to Italy soon????? Love the daffs, but would have to buy some as I won't see mine until April!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. The little cardigan is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darts just have to be one of my most favourite flowers. The little cardi is just adorable! Ros

    ReplyDelete