Thursday 31 March 2011

Where do you keep yours

JosieKitten is taking part in Knitting and Crochet Blog Week and doing a great job, I'm very impressed. I wasn't aware of this event or I might not have joined in but there again I am prone to idleness so this counts as my contribution. I loved JK's stash revelations, admired her storage and accessories and she got me thinking how different my own arrangements are. I'm not one for exposing my stash, mostly it's hidden away until I take all the yarn out for a bit of adoration and project fantasy but I do like to make a feature of some items. So my needles live in a vase, that I think I found in Sainsbury'sand I display some choice yarns on top of an old laundry hamper that is of course full of wool. More stash in the box in the hall and finally a rather chaotic department at the bottom of the airing cupboard. I did see an interesting post about someone who kept their craft supplies in a set of old suitcases, practical and portable.I have these two vintage pieces of luggage, I particularly like the tweed Antler case that I fancy would make excellent stash storage, but then again do I want to encourage myself to buy even more yarn.

10 comments:

  1. My yarn stash is on display in my studio - I bought some fitments from a wool shop that was closing down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm! I keep my stash hidden away too....... from Mr Snoopydog's eyes! He cannot understand why you need one extra of ANYTHING, when you can just buy another when you need it. So, best he doesn't know too much about my 'little' stockpile ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you've seen my stash! I like the knitting needles in a vase idea. I will have to investigate! I think that you fill whatever space you have. I have a room, hence I fill it!! Best I don't start thinking about the house! Although it would be good insulation! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my stash is mostly in sealed large containers bought from ikea and stacked in the third bedroom which is becoming my sewing and knitting room. However there is as I type stash staring at me on shelves in the study, cupboards in the kitchen have boxes of stash, there is stash in the living room, two sets of drawers in the hall contain various stash and necessary tools, there is stash in the bedroom too. So apart from the loo's/bathrooms there is stash everywhere!!! Just don't tell hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like your hamper and chest. They're very smart. All my craft bits are in plastic crates at the moment, organised and waiting to find a new home under our stairs. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY fun to see you stash & how its stored, Jenny! I keep mine in a tiny cupboard that's build into one wall in my little work room--it has large large metal wire baskets in an interior hanging system. Two baskets keep yarn, the other basket has reels of ribbons and other bits. Some yarn does overflow into smaller baskets in the work room--but try to go for decorative look. ;o) Thanks for sharing! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, I seem to recall a certain comment from a certain person on this blog who said I had so much ribbon I could open up a store! All I can say is glass houses etc!! My yarn? In a plastic shopping bag along with my two pairs of knitting needles!! Although now I've cleared out my craft room a bit I know I can find better storage for them that that. Amazingly I've also posted some non Christmas cards this weekend, but you're right, I think I keep Christmas in my heart all year long!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you USE all that yarn??

    Mind you, its very pretty, especially those multicoloured ones in the first photo.

    And I know you knit some beautiful things, and I admire you immensely for being so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep mine in a filing cabinet plus three canvas bags. I'm being strong and having a turf out this year of all yarn that I *know* I won't knit with or enjoy knitting if I did.

    I have some wool from some knarled monster in the outer hebrides which is terribly jaggedy and not at all nice to have against your skin so that will go.

    I also have some psychedelic neon pink, yellow and green that is destined for the chop.

    Sometimes I catch myself pouncing on stuff just because it's yarn, rather than it having a purpose or being a colour and texture I will knit with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm too ashamed to even begin to describe the rats' nests of stash in my house....

    ReplyDelete