Thursday 23 February 2012

A step too far

I'm a big fan on online shopping, in fact I can't remember the last time I went into the centre of Edinburgh for a browse round Jenners, John Lewis, Harvey Nics et al. I also love those smart mail order catalogues that pop through the letterbox and can happily spend half an hour with a coffee imagining myself floating round in a costly but crisp linen kaftan with a sumptuous cashmere wrap draped over me. Todays catalogues are almost a magazine in themselves, a far cry from the dreary old Grattans catalogue my mother in law used to use. The spring edition from Wrap that arrived recently includes this photo, a variation on my cowboy dreams, the boots are almost £300. I was pleased to receive the latest Celtic Sheepskin catalogue yesterday. This company has an excellent eco friendly policy and unlike many indicates where the goods are manufactured, many of them in Britain and some in Cornwall where they are based.However these on the back page are quite shocking - sheepskin flip flops I think not and at £45 a pair they go against all my principles of flipflop wearing.

10 comments:

  1. Very odd - fleecy lined flipflops - an oxymoron??

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought when I looked at them was 'oooo, how cosy', but of course you're right. They certainly wouldn't be much use on the beach - imagine all the sand getting stuck in the sheepskin crevices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love online shopping, too - it's particularly great for those of us who don't live near any decent shops! As for fleecy flip flops, I've just got one thing to say - WRONG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was definitely a design error!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fan of online shopping here - but I won't be buying those fleecy flipflops!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must be for all the "true" hippies who refuse to wear normal shoes in the winter. Can you imagine wearing those whilst sipping a chilled white wine on your terrace in Italy after another balmy day in the sun??! No, me neither!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. How strange!! I can't wear flipflops with toe-posts - I find them very painful to walk in - although a very rude saleswoman in a posh shoe shop once told me I was just lazy, not persevering until they no longer hurt!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm, what's the point of furry flip flops when your toes are still going to be frozen!!!!! Ros

    ReplyDelete
  9. How strange, I have never seen anything like these before!

    ReplyDelete